Did anyone see the Wheeler Dealer show from the UK last night?  Bought and
restored VW bus (panel).  I remember searching for my 69/70 bug years ago to
restore and was remembering what a guy at a San Antonio swap meet told me.  You
are way better off from a dollar perspective buying a restored bug from someone
at a swap meet or from someone who has gone thru the cost and heartache of a
restoration.  He told me you would have way more invested than the car was
worth...and boy was he right.  But, I did learn a tremendous amount from the
process and now know the wiring harness like the back of my hand, BUT the
COST!!! That is what I saw from that show last night, these guys were selling
their projects for minimal profit after putting in all that work and cost.