Mike,

Agreed....but any competent VW guy(Kirin probably qualifies) is going to recheck all of those things any way.

As an example, I checked mechanical advance curves of the 009 against the mechanical curve part of some late model svda's and chose to install a crippled(no vacuum advance) svda of a certain vintage in my 2110 rather than a 009.

Looks dumb sitting in my engine bay(too lazy to remove the vacuum part), but it runs *very* well and smooth at *real* driving rpm's

I, for one am looking for a smooth advance curve beyond what I remember the 009 does. I don't drive either at idle for full throttle all the time....and got really sick of the advance either on or off(yes, might be carb porting..ida's) at a certain rpm which seemed to be about cruising speed at 40mph for me.

Maybe the 009 I was using was sick, but it was certainly extremely annoying.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=009+advance+curve&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1707&bih=876&tbm=isch&tbnid=HdTMHb2hoIjN4M:&imgrefurl=http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php%3Fpic_id%3D843030&docid=8F02yyYHkAtxmM&itg=1&imgurl=http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/843030.jpg&w=1176&h=759&ei=q_nUUOC9L8ii2wWY34GQBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=125&dur=533&hovh=180&hovw=280&tx=175&ty=116&sig=113848758541072979766&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=190&start=0&ndsp=46&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:90

Folks, think about how fast the rpm's get run up in any gear, except for real stop and go driving...and where the next rpm matches for any gear shift except first....with stock tires etc.

Cheers, dave