Volks,

I’m trying to decide what VW shows I’m going to be able to get to this
summer with my Copbug.  I was originally thinking of making it over to the
Texas VW Classic in April, but it’s a two-day trip each way so I changed my
mind – actually, my wife changed my mind.  So for now I’m looking at the
Mid-America VW Fun Fest up in Effingham, IL.  Does anybody have any
experiences with that gathering?  The sponsors say it’s a lot of fun.
(Don’t they all?)

Aside from the competition, one of the joys I find in VW gatherings is
getting to know many of you whom I’ve met here on The List over the years.
It’s nice to have a face to associate with the name.  Is anybody on this
list planning to go to Mid-America on May 31-June 2?  It’ll be a first for
me.

In recent weeks, I’ve gotten to “know” three other guys who have restored
old police Volkswagens.  We’re now swapping pictures and experiences, and
one has sent me a trim part I needed.  Just this morning I got a note from a
guy in Austria who has a restored police-green 1967 Type 2 pickup –
originally used by the Gendarmerie and with all the original police markings
and equipment still intact.  How cool is that?  He’s in a bus club called
the “Styrian Bustards.”

Anyhow, your thoughts on good shows – especially Midwestern and Southeastern
-- would be welcome.
Bert Knupp in Music City USA

          __n|_
      °(_____)º