Volks,

We all know the little metal compression clips that hold our beetles' door
panels to the metal doors. They work okay, though they can break from metal
fatigue after a while. Or rust. Or get lost.

Has anybody discovered any substitute clip that performs the same service,
using the 10 mm holes in the masonite panels and the 8 mm holes in the door
metal (I'm going from memory here, y'all)?  There are zillions of little
plastic upholstery clips at every FLAPS, and maybe just one fits old VWs.
Any experiences to report?

Bert Knupp in Music City USA

--
Visit the VintagVW archives at