I had my heads rebuilt after 30k miles on a rebuilt engine by a less than
reputable business. The report from the head
rebuilder, http://rismachine.tumblr.com/ was that the heads were the worst
he's ever seen as far as valve seating. I was just going to put the heads
back on and go but now I'm thinking, 30k on a poorly built engine isn't a
good idea. So, I think I should disassemble and rebuilt everything but the
heads. This seems best. It's been decades since I've rebuilt an engine so
where should I get gasket and bearings for a 1915 cc engine? I have the
book "How to rebuild you're Volkswagen" any newer books/webpages etc I
should consult?
Thanks,
Dean Johnson
Williamson, NY