Volks,

I have been chatting recently with Gilbert Sy Chan. Old-timers aboard this
group will remember Gilbert, who lives near Manila, Philippines. He operates
a bicycle shop and also dabbles in motorcycles and scooters. He no longer
drives any VW - he reports that they are becoming very expensive to maintain
in the Manila area - but fondly recalls this group, remembers many of you
old-timers, and asked that I pass along his regards.

Gilbert may be remembered by some for having designed and printed the white
( @ ) oval sign for the rears of our VWs. It was a great emblem for an
online email group.

--
Visit the VintagVW archives at