From: vintagvw@googlegroups.com [mailto:vintagvw@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
John Sroka
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:44 PM
To: vintagvw@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [vintagvw] Old jerry cans

Hey Bert, no police vehicles and a bit off subject, but this picture shows a
model of a military “Holzbrenner”  (wood burner) with what appears to be 2
jerry cans strapped to the roof.   Perhaps emergency fuel if the wood supply
ran out?   Also there is an interesting front-mounted structure on this
vehicle, but with no description.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-amp-Country-WWII-Luftwaffe-Volkswagen-Beetle-LW043-/370516886975

More info on the technology here
http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/HOLZBRENNER%20VOLKSWAGENS.htm