NQ, have you checked with Jake Raby, wealth of information and reminds me
of Gene Berg, although nicer ;^)
https://type4store.com/

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 8:36 AM No Quarter <erin.lass...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ray.  I used to amaze myself with my articles I wrote simply
> because
> I hated writing so much in school.  When I could type my thoughts, it
> seemed
> to flow so much easier.
>
> I've been scanning the net for the parts I'll need to do the conversion on
> type 1.  The choices are endless, but one thing I'm discovering is that
> the
> one TPS I need, is the one that costs so blooming much...like 60 to 80
> bucks
> easy.  Yet there are TPS units from other cars - less easy to work with -
> for well under 10 bucks and sometimes under 5.  It looks like I will be
> getting resourceful and possible even utilizing some 3D printing to make
> adapters.
>
> If I'm ever in PA, I will take you up on your offer.  Enid and I were
> coming
> back from Maine last October and had a 13 hour layover in Philadelphia
> primarily because I didn't notice the different between AM and PM on the
> flight itinerary.  That was a long day.
>
> I'm assuming that FI isn't something most guys are interested in due to
> the
> lack of response on here and that is okay.  I was doing even more
> brainstorming today about what I would do if my FI system crashed so then
> started thinking about putting a TPS on a 34-pict-3 and just leaving the
> fuel shut off to the carb.  If anytime my tps failed, I'd disable
> everything
> including the fuel pump, and switch over to old carburetor mode so I could
> keep on going.
>
> Carburetors just don't impress me now that we have FI and with the pull of
> Dave's 1776 etched in my mind, I can't say no any more.  Just gotta work
> toward saving some bucks by being a bit more ingenious with how to home
> brew
> this entire thing.
>
> NQ
>
> --
> Visit the VintagVW archives at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vintagvw/000601d50fd1%24cce26bf0%241601a8c0%40NQHPBOX
> .

Visit the VintagVW archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vintagvw/CANyhGbtM2YoWT55hvLq441RwiqUuvuJXOD6j%3D_QkAaUDb3knKw%40mail.gmail.com.
  • RE: [vinta... 'Rayvwbug' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
    • Re: [... No Quarter
      • R... Dan Moy
        • ... D Johnson
          • ... No Quarter