I think the trouble I’m having is that the woven metal gasket is too wide
to be enclosed (along with the retaining ring and muffler mini-flange) by
the clamps. The clamps don’t seem wide enough. I’ll try again tomorrow and
if necessary, I’ll grind them flatter. I think the clamps used to be
better. I know they used to be directional with different diameters for
both pipe sizes.
Dean

--
Visit the VintagVW archives at