From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Les Kriegler
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Mark On iPhone On Trekker Breeze

Hi Steve,

It's possible that you got one of the older Trekker units.  With those
units, it took several minutes to acquire a signal.  About 2 or 3 years ago,
a more modern unit was released, and now satellite acquisition is much
faster.  This is the main reason I ultimately decided to purchase a Breeze
late last year, as previously, I found the time it took to acquire a GPS fix
to be too long.  In most cases, acquisition happens within a minute.  Also,
the acquisition seems to be retained for a couple of hours after initial
acquisition.  What that means is if you turn off your unit, and then power
it on within a couple of hours acquisition occurs immediately.

]Les
On May 8, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Steve Robertson wrote:

> I purchased a breeze second hand. I really like it, except for the fact
that it seems to take forever to obtain satellite service.

> Steve

preferences what they want and like and works for them.