Hello Krister,

Your reply is thought provoking, to say the least; for this I thank you.

I think that GPS navigation accessibility for the blind and low vision is
one of the most exciting, controversial, and difficult to effectively
implement.

Several things come to mind as I read your comments:

1.
In selecting a GPS solution, data map obsolescence should not weigh too
heavily in your decision making process these days as many apps use one of
only three or four mapping systems.

2.
As much as we all enjoy using off-the-shelf apps on our devices, we should
not become prejudice against blindness products and/or blindness companies
as they are often the first to address our very specific needs.  No matter
how far we've come, we still have a long way to go in leveling the
proverbial technology playing field and I am certain that companies like
Sendero, Humanware, Freedom Scientific, etc will continue to be our first
best hope in making tomorrow accessible.  I think that we should be
encouraging them to continue their efforts and not berate their truly
groundbreaking achievements.  I don't know about you but I would hate to go
back to a world without the Looktel Money Reader, Digit-Eyes, Ariadne GPS,
etc.

3.
As for either developing or adapting an onboard iOS GPS navigation Apps that
offers a truly comprehensive experience comparable to Mobile Geo or Trekker,
to me, it is not a question of if it can be done but when it will be done.

Krister, in my never to be humble opinion (smile), we should not discard or
disregard any company that enables us to seek out new streets, new cities,
or new civilizations.

Most Sincerely,

Mark