I like that, "mash". What if I just want to press it instead? Seriously though, another thing you can do, is turn the phone sideways when you do the 3-finger swipe. Many don't know this, but it doesn't matter if your fingers are horizontal or vertacle, as long as there are 3 fingers on the screen you can have them in any placement. The key is, 3 fingers and the correct direction for the page turning.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
"When I eventually met Mr Right I had no idea that his first name was Always." - Rita Rudner