Hello Melissa,

I am so sorry your iPad inadvertently used up all of your data.

The reason for this is that, since updating I suspect, your Wi-Fi connection
has dropped out.

Yours is the first I've heard happening on an iPad, however.

I suggest you do the following from time-to-time during the next 24 hours or
so:

1.
Power cycle your iOS device.  Be sure not to launch any apps after the
system is up and running.

2.
On your iOS device, go to Settings.

3.
Confirm that you are connected to your selected Wi-Fi.  You can do this by
simply touching the appropriate Item in the Settings list; that is, there is
no need to actually open the Wi-Fi menu item.

4.
Assuming that your Wi-Fi does not say "Not Connected", close the Settings
area and make sure focus is placed back on your normal iOS launch pad.

5.
Lock your iOS device by pressing the Sleep/Wake button.

6.
After about 10 minutes or so, wake-up your device and go into the Settings
area and check to see if the Wi-Fi is still connected.  Chances are, it will
report that it is not connected.

Melissa, if you find that you are losing your Wi-Fi connection, you may need
to reset all of your network settings.  This should fix the problem.

To everyone:

Please be aware that I have discovered several apps that seem to break Wi-Fi
connectivity since 5.1.1 was released.  I have removed them from my iOS
device and now my Wi-Fi connection is rock-solid, again.  The apps I removed
were the CNN USA App and both of the Time Warner cable Apps.

Mark