Is this the one you are talking about?
It is by a company called Handmark, Inc.  I show a price of $29.99.
They also make a Pocket dictionary for $4.99.  The Pocket has 150,000 words
and the "new Oxford American Dictionary" has 350,000 wordds.
My public library has the entire Oxford English Dictionary on-line through
their databases which works in Safari.  However, the built-in dictionary in
the iPhone is actually quite good.  I might be interested in one of these
though if they were fully accessible.

New Oxford American Dictionary
Description
As Oxford's flagship American dictionary, the New Oxford American Dictionary
sets
the standard of excellence for lexicography in this country. With more than
350,000
words, phrases, and senses, and hundreds of explanatory notes, this
dictionary provides
the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of American English available.
The dictionary draws on the two-billion-word Oxford English Corpus and the
unrivaled
citation files of the world-renowned Oxford English Dictionary to provide
the most
accurate and richly descriptive picture of American English ever offered in
any dictionary.
The Third Edition offers a thoroughly updated text, with revisions
throughout and
approximately 2,000 new words, phrases, and meanings. Many new words relate
to fast-moving
areas such as computing, technology, current affairs, and ecology, while
others have
recently entered the popular lexicon. Usage notes have been updated in light
of the
most recent Corpus evidence, and a completely new in-text feature on Word
Trends
charts usage for rapidly changing words and phrases such as carbon, mobile,
or tweet.
In addition, the application has an attractive, modern new design that makes
entries
easier to read and find.
One of the hallmarks of the New Oxford American Dictionary is the way it
reflects
the living language. Unlike in more traditional dictionaries, where meanings
are
ordered chronologically according to the history of the language, each entry
plainly
shows the principal meaning or meanings of the word, organized by importance
in today's
English. Thus readers can be confident that the first definition they see is
the
one most likely to be used by people today, and is not a sense that has been
obsolete
for two centuries.
Offering clear, authoritative, and precise information, with the in-depth
and up-to-date
coverage that users need and expect, the New Oxford American Dictionary is
the benchmark
by which all other American dictionaries are measured.
Features
+ Over 60,000 audio pronunciations for dictionary entries
+ No wireless connection required (audio pronunciations require wireless
connection)
+ Offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of current English
+ New "Word Trends" feature charts usage for rapidly changing words and
phrases
+ Powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the
2-billion-word
Oxford English Corpus
+ $29.99 represents a 50% discount from the $60 MSRP of the hardcover
version
New Oxford American Dictionary Support
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Bug fixes and performance improvements