HI.  I'm in australia so some of the info may be a little different.  I got my
iphone from my cell provider but successfully activated a phone for a friend
who got hers delivered.  Storage depends on how many aps you want, how much
music or books you want on your phone etc.  A good website to have a look at is
www.aplevis.com

I have my phone set so that when i'm at home it uses the wifi but when I'm out,
it switches over to 3 g.

hth

God Bless! Maria from australia
 Newbie mac user.
bubbygirl1...@gmail.com
will get you fb as well as email & iMessage.
skype same as email,without the gmail part. twitter bubbygirl