From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Brett C.
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 3:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: A Time to Wear iPhone Around my Neck

A time to sing, a time to dance, and a time to wear my iPhone around my
neck.
As incredible as the iPhone is, it seems fragile to me. Dropping and
breaking the phone is a concern of mine. I don't want the phone around my
neck at all times, but there are instances that I've thought it would be a
good idea for convenience and security of the phone. Here are a few
examples.
Walking a new route:  I like to use the neck holder while using Ariadne and
MyWay, along with the Aftershocz headphones. I enjoy having my hand free,
and being able to simply touch the phone when I want information. I clip the
headphone controller to the cable, and coil the excess line with a twist
tie.
Navigating in a car:  I enjoy playing navigator, but I find it a little
annoying to hold the phone the entire drive. When I place the phone on the
seat between my legs, I have a way of forgetting i put it there and leave
the car without it. I find it a bother to put the phone in and out of my
pocket while seated and belted in.
Security:  I'm not constantly paranoid of getting the phone ripped from my
hand, but I have heard stories. With this holder, the phone is much more
secure from a spontaneous grab.
Workouts:  I use my phone with a treadmill and elliptical. When I reach for
the phone from the machine's little shelf, I'm often concerned it's going to
slip from my sweaty grip and break on the equipment. With my around the neck
holder, I can check my time, change music, take calls etc. The holder comes
with a rain coat type sleeve. It protects the phone from moisture, and it
has a little hole for the headphones.
Around the house:  In a private environment like my home, it's nice to have
my phone with me, while I go through my routines. I can wear comfortable
clothing without pockets, and don't have to blindly dash for the phone I
left somewhere when it sounds an alert. Surely, I can't be the only guy that
has had the phone propped between the head and shoulder while talking and
taking a leak at the same time? I've had so many vivid visions of the phone
splashing in the toilet bowl.
This isn't a sales pitch, it means nothing to me whether you want one or
not. I just found something that meets some of my desired convenience, and
wanted to share in case someone else thinks a little like me. I think the
site's description is clear and accurate, so I won't go into that. It is
easy to slide the phone in and out of the holder. The one part that I find a
little difficult is switching the neck cables. I don't do this often, so
it's not a big deal to me.

http://www.iphone-lanyard.com/Site/iPhone_Holder.html

Brett