Which surely means that it does almost nothing, as surely a sighted person
can take a picture of a receipt with the camera?
Cheers
Alex-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Dan
Sent: 25 July 2012 23:10
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: More Re: New scanning app from ABBY

Hello,
I have a sighted person play with the app and this is what does.
It takes pictures of things like receipts and the like and puts them on your
camera roll. Then you can either email them, as well as saving in a dropbox
file and a few other on-line storage systems.
So, for a blind person, it doesn't do anything, however, for a sighted
person, it is just another app for copying receipts and the like.
This concludes my findings.

On Jul 25, 2012, at 2:38 PM, Dan <key...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ok,
> I purchased the darn thing, thinking that it would also scan documents
using the camera.
> I am really pleased with how well ABBYY does on the Mac.
> Interestingly enough, when you activate the app, it does have the view
finder and 2 on/off buttons as well as documents and a camera button.
> When I press the camera button, the flash comes on for about 5 seconds or
so and then shuts off. But during this time, ABBYY does not give any
prompts.
> I'll have to have someone sighted to play with it.
> Just my findings so far.
>
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 2:28 PM, "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting, looks like you are correct.  After reading more carefully,
it
>> actually doesn't mention OCR anywhere in the description.  You would
think
>> it would at least integrate with Text Grabber but I guess not.
>>
>> Rick

Behalf