I may not be totally correct on this, but I think that pretty much any IPhone you get, no matter the carrier, should be about the same. This of course was a bit different with the older devices we are used to, nokias and alike, and even some of the newer droid devices to. One thing of note I've herd people mention though, are the differences between the data plans offered through sprint, verison and at&t. Not sure if any are really considered truly unlimited, but sprint and verison apparently have an upper hand on us at&t users. One other thing that may become an issue with the IPhone 5, if it really is 4g compatible, will be how the 4g works here on AT&t. I really honestly don't know much about 4g or what they use so maybe it'll work perfectly.
Take care.
On 7/28/2012 3:06 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
The only thing I've heard is depending on where you live, one carrier might
drop fewer calls than the other.
Around me, Verizon seems to have the best reputation for call quality and
fewest dropped calls.  This is around Portland, Oregon.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 1:00 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Thoughts on carrier options in US

Hi,

I'm learning about iOS on an iPod Touch 4th Generation WiFi, but will be
moving on to an iPhone with the introduction of iPhone5. So, I'll bee
needing to sign up with a carrier for calls, text, and data.

Besides the differences in calling / texting / data plans among Verizon,
AT&T, and Sprint (in the US), are there other considerations to take into
account when selecting a carrier? I'm asking because a few posts on this
list seem to have mentioned special configurations among different carriers
that may impact blind users, if I understood correctly.

I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance Keith