I agree. But saying that you heard something from various sources is how rumors get started, and the best way to prevent the spreading of misinformation, whether intentional or not, and I'm sure that it was not in this case, is to get the source from which he got it.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: FYI when you bring a new computer or iPhone or other electronic device home how to keep it safe

IMHO, you should use multiple sources. For example, you can google and
then use common sense to pluck out the accurate information. Googling on
KNFB Reader and the iPhone 4S brings up sources like the KNFB Reader
home page and the entry in the App Store, which you should obviously
trust. Links to posts on other lists, blog articles, tweats and so on
should be taken with a grain of salt.

Asking people for their source of information is obviously OK, and in
this case, I'm not sure the response to Google it was a very valuable
response, but if I recall, the person said there source was that they
heard about it from multiple sources, so again, you're back to Googling,
if you really want more information on the topic.