If you have the extra money why wait for the new Apple TV which we do not know
when it will be coming, you can buy an Apple TV on Amazon currently for $50,
totally worth it. And on another note you do not need a TV to connect it to if
you have a receiver or Sound Bar as I hooked mine up without a TV via optical
cable $5 bucks for the cable on Amazon. Good luck.