Do you have to set up a password then to get into that area to do Touch ID? (Is this a failsafe method so you can get in if/when the Touch ID doesn't work)?

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 4:12 PM
Subject: RE: Question about passcode and answering phone calls

I completely agree with John. Go to Settings > Touch Id and Passcode, you have to enter your passcode to get into this area. Then find the Add Fingerprint button and just follow the instructions. If you set it up right it will be much easier to unlock your phone using Touch Id, it is even easier and faster than if you don't set up a passcode and just find and double tap the u nlock button. If your phone is locked, you still have to press the home or power button to wake it up, then find the unlock button and double tap it. Once you set up your fingerprint and have a bit of practice, you can do it all in one press of the home button. You press it down briefly to wake up the phone, let go but lightly continue to rest your finger on the button a second or a bit less and your phone will be unlocked. Only time it may not work is if your finger is quite wet or if the button might have gotten very dirty. Apple says that with the 6S and 6S Plus the Touch Id sensor is new and it is supposed to be up to twice as fast. To me this is hard to understand because even with my 5S it's almost instantaneous.