That's true, it does disable trackpad commander. If VoiceOver is
running though, and trackpad commander is turned off, I don't think
that anything would happen with the focus of the VoiceOver cursor. I
may be wrong. I am a fairly new Mac user but in my limited experience,
if trackpad commander was off then my focus did not jump around if I
touch the trackpad while typing.

Wayne