No, unfortunately for many the only output the new Apple TV has is a single
HDMI. I guess Apple assumes everybody has to use the TV anyways even for music
to make your initial selection which is of course true unless you ue Voiceover.
But I even heard Brian Tong or whatever the guys name is (he does the Apple
Bite Podcast) complain that the optical output is gone.

For all who have a fairly new surround sound receiver this wouldn’t be such a
big issue since they pretty much all have multiple HDMI inputs, but then again
there is a movement away from having surround sound receivers and all the
speakers given all the new wireless soundbars that are available which connect
wirelessly to Subwovers and rear speakers.

One could of course get an HDMI to RCA converter and I assume there are
probably even HDMI to Optical or HDMI to Digital Coax converters if somebody
wants to feed a digital signal into their receiver or soundbar, but Apple could
have definitely left that optical output on there, I doubt it would have added
a lot to the cost of the device. I believe there are even HDMI splitters if
somebody wants to hook up a TV and connect to a receiver at the same time.