I've actually only come across this link on accident, so I'm not entirely sure
where it is. My guess is that it's somewhere near the top of the page.

You're correct. Kindle content and digital music can't be purchased using the
Amazon app. I think this also extends to downloadable software. I think you can
add these types of items to your wishlist from the app, however.

Thanks,
Ari