Gordan Radić

Posjetite-portal-Nemoguća-vizija
Pišite nam Posjetitenas na Facebooku Pratite nas na Twitteru
26.1.2016. u 2:25, Richard Turner je napisao/la:

I too prefer mBraille over the Apple braille keyboard.
It is worth the price and time to learn given all it can do.
Richard

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 25, 2016, at 4:25 PM, Arnold Schmidt <arno...@mindspring.com> wrote:

I already had MBraille before the Apple Braille keyboard was released, so I have not taken the time to learn to use the Apple keyboard very well.  I find it to be not quite as refined as is MBraille, although that very well could be due to operator incompetence.    Also, it does not have the word processing ability of MBraille.  If I want to edit anything, I have to use the regular Apple keyboard editing features, which are not as easy for me to use as those in MBraille.

A few months ago, I purchased the option to use MBraille as a third-party keyboard.  At the time, it didn't seem to work very well for me as a third-party keyboard, so I forgot about it until last weekend when, for some reason which I do not remember now, I decided to try it again.  I deleted that emogey  keyboard which I never used, and enabled MBraille as a third-party keyboard.  It works well. Now, when I am in a text field, I can tap the next keyboard button, and although the transition to MBraille is occasionally a bit flakey, more often than not, it goes right into MBraille.  I write my text, am enable to correct any errors or do any word processing I wish to do with MBraille. Then, I Place my fingers onto the keyboard as if I were going to write dots 4-5-6, and do a three-finger swipe right (being in landscape mode, I mean a three-finger swipe toward the home button.)  It then inserts my text into the text field, and I am back in the regular keyboard.  No more copying and pasting.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: How many use VO Braille Screen Input?

Yes, I do use both the MBraille and the Apple supplied on-board keyboard. I love MBraille a lot, in fact most days. I think it is more accurate than the Apple on-board keyboard. Maybe, though, that is a user perspective and the errors could be mine!

I am not too keen on using it as an extra keyboard, because it's a bit tricky to use it in this way, because of the other keyboards that are already installed. I wish it could be on the rotor! Anyway, I quite often use the old method too, so I can open the app and then cut and paste accordingly, because in some ways it is easier and I like it better! What I do like is to have proper key clicks when typing. I'm afraid this is one of the disappointments of the Braille app by Apple which you can include on the rotor. By the way, I use the "away mode" " because it's the only thing that really works for me. I can't imagine becoming proficient with anything other than this.

If you have any further questions, do come back. I hope this is helpful! Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille