I agree, the 6S is super fast at recognizing a fingerprint. It is so fast that if I don't want the phone to unlock, I have to use another finger to push the home button. Yes, sometimes I just want to look at the new notifications without unlocking the phone. It is much faster recognition than my previous phone.

Take care,
Lois

-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 12:46 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Interesting observation re my problems with fingerprint recognition

Hi Kimber,

I think it may have to do how you press the home button. Especially on the new phones, the 6S and 6S Plus, Touch Id is so incredibly fast and reliable that all you have to do is press down the home button with the finger you scanned and by the time you let go it's usually enough for the phone to unlock. On my old 5S I press the home button to wake up the phone and as I let go I continue to rest my thumb on the home button for about a second or a bit less and it unlocks for me very reliably.