The iPod, also known as the iPod Touch, is much smaller in size and does not
have an option for using cellular data only Wi-Fi.
For someone who is totally blind, the iPod Touch does most of what the iPad
does, but with a much smaller screen, so for me, it is easier to navigate.
The iPod 6th Generation is the current one. You can get up to 128 GB of storage.
I think I paid $400 for it, or maybe $500, I'm not sure without looking that up.
Add about $99 for Apple Care.
The iPad is much larger and has longer battery life and better sound. IPads
also have the possibility of adding Cellular service which means you can use it
where there is cell service but no WiFi, and you could even therefore use it
for GPS.
Currently, the latest model of iPad is the iPad Air 2, which is thinner than
the old iPad with the better processor, camera and all that.
They cost quite a bit more than the iPod Touch.
The iPad Mini has the same features as the iPad, just in a slightly smaller
size. Their latest version is the iPad Mini 4.
There is also now the iPad Pro which is even larger than the iPad and more
expensive.
They all require iTunes.
You should be able to run the latest iTunes with Windows 7, version 12.3.2 I
think.
I hope that helps. You probably should call Apple and get more information.
Richard

Sent from my iPod 6