So, the feature is independent of an iCloud back up? Do I need to do something
in order to get the VDR library from one device to the other, other than
signing into iCloud? Is iCloud Drive required?

The problem with the connector happens no matter which USB port I use.

Will it to cost me anything in terms of getting an appointment with an Apple
store? Now I have to find out which one is nearest to me. I plan to get my new
phone probably in store, because I want to look at some cases that they have.
AT&T, I mean, not Apple. I wonder if there's anything they can do about the
port there. Do you think the home button is a problem?

Thanks,
Ari