Hi Richard and others,

In fact, Apple does now say if a movie is audio described. I just searched for
"The Martian" in the iTunes app on my iPhone. Once I double tapped on it, I got
this (I am writing it the way Voiceover reads it when I swipe right through the
screen elements):

The Martian, High Definition, Heading
Pg, image
Closed captioning, image
Audio description, image
$19.99 Buy, button
$5.99 rent, button
4 and a half stars, 238 user reviews
iTunes Extras, included with HD movie purchase, button

Then it goes into the buttons like Details, ReviewsRelated etc.
As you can see, audio description is there and it also reads it on the Apple TV
if you read the entire movie description.

You can also search for all audio described movies or TV shows using your
Mac/PC or iOS device by typing one of the following:

AD
Audio description
Audio descriptions
Video description
Video descriptions

Here is the link to an article from Apple called "Find audio-described content
in the iTunes Store":
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205742

Best regards,