From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 2:10 AM
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: RE: Editting text messages sent via Siri:  HELP  pleaset

Hi Jewel,

You may want to just try and use dictation in Messages instead of telling SIRI
to send a message to
somebody followed by the message text. I only do that if it's pretty short, if
it's longer I just
open Messages, tap on Compose, find the person I want to text and then put
focus into the message
field. Now you can use the 2-finger double tap to start and stop dictation and
you can dictate in
smaller portions of text or maybe sentence by sentence etc. Then of course when
you are done you are
in that text message field and you can turn the rotor to words or characters
and move around to
edit. If you, for example, think it said "Hello Kim" instead of "Hello Ken",
you can double tap to
move the insertion point to the start, then with the rotor set to characters
swipe down until you
are across "Hello" and then make sure it says "Ken" and not "Kim". If it is
"Kim" you can put the
cursor on the "m" of "Kim", tap delete twice to get rid of the "m" and "I" and
then type "e" and
"n".
The fact is that editing on an iOS device with Voiceover and probably even for
sighted people
without Voiceover, is a bit of a pain in the neck, it's absolutely not as quick
and efficient as
editing on a computer with a screenreader like Jaws, but it can be done.