Hi I would like to ask.
How do you like your Jabra supreme?
I was thinking about purchasing one of these.
Would you say that is A good idea?
Or should I look for something else?
What are your likes and dislikes about the supreme?
On 4/15/2016 10:05 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Hi Cristóbal and Keith,
Thanks for the descriptions. I asked about whether it supports Play/Pause
because that is not controlled by the AD2P protocol. I used to have one of the
older Jawbone earpieces and currently have a Jabra Supreme, both support AD2P
but neither does Play/Pause when you press the main button which answers and
hangs up phone calls.
The protocol which allows for Play/Pause control is called AVRCP (Audio/Video
Remote Control Profile) and until not too long ago most single earpieces did
not have it whereas stereo Bluetooth headsets have had it for a long time. I
guess the manufacturers thought people don't listen to audio or music with
single earpieces or if they do then just things like instructions from GPS
units/apps and stuff like that.
Anyhow, I'll be in Vancouver in two weeks so hopefully I have time to go t a
Best Buy or other large store where they have them so I can check it out. It
definitely is an expensive option and I just spend $200 for a Plantronics
Backbeat Sense stereo Bluetooth headset which gets extremely good reviews for
Bluetooth headsets in that price range and it even gets better reviews than
some that cost $300 or $400. I'll get it on Monday and I'll probably post a bit
of a review once I have used it for a while.
Regards,
Sieghard
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:33 PM
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
Hi Sieghard,
I recently recievd my Edge. Prior, I had been using a Voyager Legend Pro.
I was expecting something the size of a key, but there are different size keys.
It's bigger than my apartment unit door key, and slightly longer than our
buildings front door key. It's closer to my wife's car key, but these come in
many shapes and sizes, I'm sure.
It's shaped a bit like a smoking pipe. The bowl end is what goes in your ear,
and the stem of the mic is about the size and shape of the Allen wrenches I'm
used to for small to moderately sized Allen nuts.
I use it without the ear hook, and it feels pretty solid, but I can understand
how one could lose it if out and about. It's very light and I easily forget I'm
wearing it. I don't use it when travelling about town, only when stationary or
working at home. I still use my Voyager Legend at times, I am very comfortable
with both. If the Edge falls out with the power on, you can use the Plantronics
Hub iPhone app to help you find it. I haven't done this, but I imagine it a bit
like the AppleWatch Ping my iPhone feature.
Keith
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Cristóbal
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
It's an AD2P device so yes, you can stream sound through the earpiece. The
call button can play/pause and a press and hold brings up Siri.
I don't bother with the talking caller ID feature since VO already does
that. Nor do I use the handsfree answer/hold foption as I don't find it
reliable enough, but all that aside, it works well and has a very clear sound.
And yes, it's small. This is one of the reasons why I liked it over the
Voyager Legend. The Legend felt like you had a piece of equipment on the side
of your face. The Edge is a simple earhook that you can slip on and off
quickly.
The stem of the Edge does stick out a bit. Again, it's in the shape of a house
key somewhat to give you an idea with the stem part being thin.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
Does the Edge have a button to start/pause playback of audio?
I think I read it has a button to activate SIRI, but can you also confirm that?
It is quite small, isn't it?
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
Mine just came with the earpiece which is the shape of a house key. Earhook,
different size earbuds, charging cable and little U shaped charger that you
insert the Edge into for a mobile charging solution. I have no clue what it
is you're describing unless you purchased some sort of bundle package?
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:11 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
I just got an Edge, and like it very much. It came with a small firehydrant
type thing that has 1 button and the top, and a pair of squeeze type buttons on
either side. I don't know what this piece is for. Can someone please explain it
to me?
Thanks in advance, Keith
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
I use the Plantronics Voyager edge. It's got thre mics, a dedicated mute button
and is noise canceling.
I dont' like using stereo earphones if I'm out and about as I prefer to have a
better idea of what's going on around me. This is why i opt for a single
earpiece.
It goes for around $90 on Amazon.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Shaf
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:29 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: bluetooth headset recommendations
Can anybody recommend a good bluetooth earpiece which actually fits on your ear
and doesn't fall out? Something that would be useful to walk around with at a
conference for example and use your phone with it.
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
can reach Cara at [email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
can reach Cara at [email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
Casey
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
can reach Cara at [email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.