From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: bluetooth headset recommendations

I have two stereo bluetooth headphones I use with  my iPhone, and I
don't notice any lag with either pair, and this includes flicking and
typing. Maybe I'm just not observant enough.

On 17/04/16 17:52, Cristóbal wrote:
> I figured the VoiceOver lag was just something everyone  knew about and
was understood as one of  the tradeoffs when using bluetooth. It's simply
become  one  of those things  that I've gotten used to at this point and
accept as an annoyance when using Bluetooth headsets.
> Now, if ever Apple figured out a way to eliminate that lag...Isn't this
also in part  one  of the issues that's been brought  up bythe  hearing aid
using VI community with the upcoming roomered iPhone 7 and  lack of an
audiojack?
Of Sieghard Weitzel
> Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:29 PM
> To: viphone@googlegroups.com
> Subject: RE: bluetooth headset recommendations
>
> I wasn't going to say anything, but I can confirm this, what you describe
or even typing with a Bluetooth headset always comes with a tiny lag. Maybe
Allen doesn't notice it the way he uses his phone, but it is present and one
of the reasons why I don't like to use Bluetooth earpieces or headsets if I
really have to navigate and type a lot. I just invested a fair bit in both a
new Bluetooth stereo headset (the Plantronics Backbeat Sense) and a
Bluetooth earpiece (the Plantronics Voyager Edge) and I am curious how much
better (or not) the lag is with these new Bluetooth 4.0 devices. Anyhow,
mostly I use the earpiece when I'm walking and want to hear the GPS or take
a phone call and the stereo headset I would use mostly at home when I'm
doing stuff around the house and just want to listen to an audio book or
music in good quality and maybe also take the occasional phone call.

> Regards,
> Sieghard

Of Kayaker
> Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:30 PM
> To: viphone@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: bluetooth headset recommendations
>
> Hi, Allen,
>
> I’m giving you a friendly I don’t believe you. Are you saying that with
your bluetooth head phones, while playing stereo sound, the flicking
gestures are as quick as with wired head phones? Is that what you mean when
you say there is no lag?

> I have never seen a bluetooth head set pass that stereo playback and
voiceover flicking test.

> Best,
> —k
> Faith Doesn’t give you the answers, it merely stops you from asking the
questions.

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 2:15 PM, Alan Paganelli <alanandsuza...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>> The Plantronics Bluetooth Legend can also connect to 2 devices at the
same time.  My iPhone 5s and my iWatch are both connected to my legend.
>> There is no lag time between either device.
>>

>> Alan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad Air
>>
>>> On Apr 16, 2016, at 3:12 PM, Cristóbal <crismuno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In general, the Edge can connect to two devices. In my case, I've got my
personal cell and business cell connected to it. I'm sure the Apple Watch
would work  fine  with it.
>>> In my case however, I have my personal cell set to Voiceover Samantha
and my personal cell to the male Voiceover version  whatever his name  is
just so I can tell them apart as I get calls and other notifications from
them. Don't know what kind  of voice options  the Apple Watch  has.

I want one that can handle both at once. Is this possible?

>>> Nancy Badger, Ph.D
>>> Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Services UT Chattanooga Sent from
>>> my iPhone with dictation software. Please excuse spelling errors.

The  call button can play/pause and a press and  hold brings up Siri.
does that. Nor do I use the handsfree answer/hold foption as I  don't find
it  reliable enough, but all that aside, it works well and has a very  clear
sound.
the Voyager Legend. The Legend felt like you had a piece of equipment on the
side of your face. The Edge is a simple earhook that you can  slip on and
off quickly.
a house key somewhat to give you an idea with  the stem part being  thin.

confirm that? It is quite small, isn't it?

Earhook, different size earbuds, charging cable and little U shaped charger
that you insert the Edge into for a mobile charging  solution. I have no
clue what it is you're describing unless you purchased some sort of bundle
package?

Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

firehydrant type thing that has 1 button and the top, and a pair of squeeze
type buttons on either side. I don't know what this piece is for. Can
someone please explain it to me?

mute button and is noise canceling.
have a better idea of what's going on around me. This is why i opt for a
single earpiece.

your ear and doesn't fall out? Something that would be useful to walk around
with at a conference for example and use your phone with it.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>>> ---
Groups "VIPhone" group.

list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>>> ---
Groups "VIPhone" group.

list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail