If you leave the focus on the clock app, it will announce the time every
minute.  Of course if you take focus away then it won't announce the time every
minute.  However, it is useful for taking your pulse or any other use which
requires a minute announcement and, it's already there on your iDevice.

Alan

Sent from my iPad Air