Hi Mary,

We have seen a number of bugs in recent years which seem to effect some more
than others so this could very well be one of those.
Also, strictly speaking there may be a difference in processor between  your
iPhone 6S and my iPhone 6S Plus. Either one of these models have Apple's A9
chip, but Apple does not manufacture the chip and for the 6S and 6S Plus they
have, I think for the first time, given the manufacturing to two companies:
Samsung and TSMC. When the 6S and 6S Plus were first released last fall there
were some phones with what some said was a "bad" chip and I believe they were
all phones that have the Samsung chip. There are still many articles and tests
where it is claimed that the TSMC chip runs cooler and performs slightly better
especially when it comes to battery performance. If you want to find out which
chip your phone has you need a free app called Lirum System Info Lite, here is
the app store link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lirum-device-info-lite-system/id591660734?mt=8

On the main information screen (the app seems to be pretty accessible) it give
you the device's capacity, free space and used space and it is followed by the
model of the chip. Here is what is says in the article, I am pasting the full
text of the article below this:

If the model is  N71AP (6s) or N66AP (6s Plus), it means your phone has the
Samsung chip (and therefore you might experience slightly reduced battery life).
If on the other hand you see N71MAP or N66MAP it means you have the TSMC
processor.

My 6S Plus, by the way, has the Samsung chip. Here is the text of the entire
article:

As you may have read, there are two different versions of the A9 processor
powering Apple’s new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. One chip is made by Samsung
(fractionally smaller), and the other by TSMC.

Apple says there’s no real difference between the processors (it used two
different manufacturers to avoid supply issues), but it’s reported that devices
with the TSMC processor run cooler and can give users up to 2 hours of
additional battery life. There’s no way of knowing which processor your iPhone
has simply by looking at it, but there is a simple trick you can use to find
out what’s inside.

All you need to do is install the free Lirum Device Info Lite app, and look at
the model number at the bottom of the main page.
If you see N71AP (6s) or N66AP (6s Plus), it means your phone has the Samsung
chip (and therefore you might experience slightly reduced battery life).
If on the other hand you see N71MAP or N66MAP it means you have the TSMC
processor.

Apple says that it really doesn’t matter which chip your new iPhone has.
Responding to the battery life claims, the tech giant said in a statement:

Certain manufactured lab tests which run the processors with a continuous heavy
workload until the battery depletes are not representative of real-world usage,
since they spend an unrealistic amount of time at the highest CPU performance
state. It’s a misleading way to measure real-world battery life. Our testing
and customer data show the actual battery life of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s
Plus, even taking into account variable component differences, vary within just
2-3 percent of each other.