Eleanore, how do I accomplish this? I am using whatever it comes up with, which does appear to be good in my remote area. just wondering in case I need to double check anything.
Dave

-----Original Message----- From: Eleanor burke
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:47 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Blindsquare and Google Maps

you can use blind Square in association with Google maps or in association with Apple maps.

On 21 Jul 2016, at 22:45, Chip Orange <lists3...@comcast.net> wrote:

I recently purchased Blind Square and am very disappointed. It uses "open source" map data from Open Street Maps, and is quite inaccurate in my area. When I wrote to them asking for some way to have a feature where we could offer map data corrections, or to ask if they could use Google Map data, they told me they only updated their map data once a year, so giving us a feature to offer map data corrections would still leave us with map problems for a long time, so wasn't worth it. They were unapologetic and unconcerned about the quality of the map data as far as I could tell.

Blind Square, as far as this newbie can tell, does not offer you directions either; it relies on your use of Apple maps or Google maps.

So I also have to wonder what exactly I am getting besides street names which are wrong or missing, and no way to correct them, and map updates only once a year??? Really??? I had just assumed they would always be using the most up to date data just like Google maps, so this was a huge disappointment to me.

Chip