Hi,
So, sadly, after 8 months of use, my original Apple Charger, has died. By that,
I mean, the plastic on the actual cable, near the end that you plug into the
phone, cracked open, allowing the inside to be visible. SO, I got a replacement
off eBay, which, cost me £1.50, however, over 20000 were sold. The cable
arrived today, and, looking at it instantly told me that it wasn't a valid
apple certified cable. But, no problems, or so I thought, it charged
beautifully, until.... Thought I'd plug it to iTunes,  and show a friend
something. That's when reality hit me. At first, silence. Second, iTunes gave
an error. Then, said an iPhone was detected, but it could not connect, (or
whatever it says) please disconnect this iPhone, and try again. Did this about
5 times, switching between 3 USB ports of this laptop, for which, I have used
the old cable to restore phone with.  So, here's the question, is it possible
that it is the cable, or would it worth trying again?
PS. Its windows 10, on which, I have installed the update yesterday, and iTunes
is detecting an update, but couldn't bother figuring out Microsoft edge, so
that I could download it, hence the question.

Sent from a Braille Sense