hi.
 what you say, just does not work.
 this would not be the best solution.

VO has to memorize the element automatically.
the best way to solve this is to report this issue to Apple.
all screen readers support this feature.
only VO does not support.
and this is what the accessibility team, must add the VO for the safari.
 I'm talking about the iOS system.
onMacOS, this feature was added in mavericks, but never worked with good satisfaction.
we all wait for this a  long time ...
sorry but you not help.
cheers.