I saved the post because I'l never remember it. I have a folder I call Tips and Tutorials where I keep info like this.

-----Original Message----- From: M. Taylor
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:22 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Experimenting with app thinning and copying apps from my iTunes library

Grant,

Your conclusions are absolutely correct.

Several times during a week when I update apps on my iOS devices, I open iTunes and update them on the computer, as well, so as to have a good backup version.

I posted about this a year or so ago but I don't think it was well received as this method is somewhat counter intuitive to the classic way apps used to be handled.

Regardless, an excellent post and I hope many benefit from it.

Mark