  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2016 2:32 PM
  Subject: RE: New Sams Club app

  It is not that different from self checkout lanes, if somebody really wanted
to steel smaller items that way they can also do so, all they would have to do
is hold a smaller item behind a larger one when they scan at the self checkout
and then put it back in the cart. I think all of these systems count on most
people being honest, but I am equally sure that these big companies also factor
in a percentage of theft/disception. On the other hand they are basically
making the shoppers perform the work a casheer usually would perform so they
are saving money and I doubt people steel more this way then any other way. If
somebody wants to steel they do it regardless and either get away with it or
not. If they get caught they typically get a slap on the wrist which in most
cases won't prevent them from doing it again on the next day or the next week.