Hi Shane,

Perhaps it depends on the format of the video. I know Apple is really picky 
about the formats it will play. Android isn't, so perhaps that's the issue? I 
was thinking alternate services such as google drive or drop box, but again, I 
think it would depend on the format. I'm pretty sure AVI files won't play in 
Safari, for example, so it wouldn't matter what service you used, it wouldn't 
work. You could upload the video to youtube and make it private so that only 
people you share the link with would have access to it.

Lynette


Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 11:46 PM, Shane Clark82 <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Lynette,
> I'm actually an Android guy, and a good bit of my friends have iPhones. I 
> tried sending my brother a video through Mega, and he tried opening it up 
> through his Safari browser, and it wouldn't let him. I think it asked him to 
> download the app in order to watch it, but I don't think he was really 
> interested in doing that. I'm looking for something that when I send someone 
> a link, it opens up for them, and they can just hit play, and it works. If 
> that makes sense.
> Thanks so much, Shane.
> 
>> On Sat, Oct 8, 2016, 9:27 PM [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi, Shane,
>> 
>> I have the Mega app, and it works really well for me, although I've had 
>> trouble trying to share folders with people. But I can listen to audio and 
>> video just fine. If you don't want to sign up for a Mega account, you should 
>> be able to click on the link someone shares with you and the file will play 
>> in your browser. If you want to access a folder full of files, you'll have 
>> to sign up.
>> 
>> Lynette
>> 
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>> 
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>> 
>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>> 
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 
> -- 
> Thanks, Shane.
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>  
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>  
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>  
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google 
> Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/viphone/XZEzN2LYab4/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
> [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to