Thanks but I struggled on IPhone and managed to get all defined.  I wish I
could have signed up on desktop because easier to type and I know windows.

Thanks again and I did get fare estimates from my home to airport in FL and
then again in NY.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Rob
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 4:09 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Uber?

Since I already have an account with Uber, I cannot verify the sign up process.
 I expect that when you open the Uber app, you will find a "Sign Up" button on
the first screen.  But I think it would probably be easier to complete the sign
up process on a computer if you have one.  Whether you sign up in the app or on
a computer, the information you enter will be the same.

To sign up using a computer, go to www.uber.com <http://www.uber.com>  and look
for the "Ride With Uber" heading.  The "Sign Up" link is below the heading.

You will enter your email address, first name, last name, and create a
password.  When you finish creating your account, I expect that you will
proceed to the screen where you enter your method of payment.  You can enter
your credit card information or you can enter a PayPal account.

If you sign up using a computer, you will want to choose the "Sign In" button
when you open the Uber app.  Then enter your email address and password.

You can enter a pickup location and a destination.  Then you can double-tap the
"Fare Estimate" button.  I don't recommend actually requesting a ride until you
are ready to go on your first trip using Uber.

There are some podcasts that describe using the Uber app with VoiceOver.  A
podcast on applevis.com at the link below describes setting up an account and
requesting a ride.

http://www.applevis.com/sites/default/files/podcasts/AppleVisPodcast997.mp3

Once you request a ride and the driver accepts the trip, you will find the
driver's name, his model of car, and an "Options" button.  The "Options" menu
includes buttons that allow you to send a text message to the driver or call
the driver.  This is useful if you need to tell the driver exactly where you
are.

Rob Armstrong