Yes, you can change the VoiceOver voice. Do not give out misinformation.
When you set up Apple Watch for the first time, you need to select the
watch region. Depending on the country selected, you'll get that
specific voice, so for example if you want the Australian voice you'll
select Australia, UK for Daniel, US for Samantha etc. There is no other
way of changing the voice, and I hope Apple start listening to their
users requests and implement that feature.

-Shaf