Sieghard,

I know headphones are incredibly subjective, but somehow I doubt they will
compare to the Bose headphones. I think if APple were to switch over to a
silicone tip it would improve the headphones considerably. After using this
arrangement with my Bose headphones I cannot imagine ever using anything else.
You can say whatever you want about Bose and no not every product they turn out
is a winner, but their headphones have thus far been the best that I have used.
Of course there is always something better I'm sure. :)