Hi all,

Just an FYI that I came across a very handy free app which helps you measure
your wifi strength and throughput at a given spot; the app is named "wifi
sweet spot" and is free, and even has an audio output mode which generates
beeps similar to a "giger counter" to indicate the current strength (note
that the label for the button to turn audio mode on/off does disappear after
the first use, but you should have no trouble identifying the button even
so).  It also has a numeric constant display which gives you more presice
info.

You can use it to map out weak areas in your house, or to allow you to
reposition your wifi router and see what effect this has on signal at a
given point.

This helped me determine that repositioning my router just slightly within
the closet where it resides makes a big difference in some of the weaker
areas of my house (where I was having difficulty placing an Echo).

Hth,

Chip