Shirley,

I suggest you check Apple's website and maybe listen to the Keynote from
last week as the 5th
Gen iPods were introduced there. In short, it is a major update, in my
opinion much more so than that between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. I guess
it's more like the difference between the iPhone 4 and 5. The main things
are that the new iPod Touch line now has the larger 4 inch retina screen
same as the iPhone 5, they have the A5 processor same as the iPhone 4S, the
front camera is 720P High definition and the back camera went to a 5
Megapixel auto focus which is a huge improvement. It also has the new small
dock connector and the improved dual band WiFi and on top of all that it has
SIRI. Those are the main things, another nice feature is that it comes with
a detacheable wrist strap and the new ear pod headphones. Still 16, 32 and
64 Gig for same price as old iPod 4th Gen, $199, $299 and $399,
respectively. I have a unlocked 4S without contract, but I don't see much
point in upgrading to the iPhone 5, but when I bought my first iPhone 2
years ago I sold my iPod Touch Third Generation, now I will most likely buy
a 64 Gig fifth Generation again to use at home and as a companion device to
my iPhone. Only thing that might change my mind is the iPad Mini which will
possibly be announced in October so I probably will wait to see how much
Apple Goodness will be inside that one.