alan,
I could not get dictation to work either. I think what it is trying to do is 
match the correctly spelled word with a standard phonetic pronunciation or 
something.
Very odd.
Richard



"A guy walks into a bar and says 'ouch!'"
(Sent from my iPod 6)
“By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
- Satsuki Shibuya




On Jan 7, 2017, at 10:11 AM, Alan Lemly 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Richard,

Thanks for doing this. I was able to duplicate your steps and get the typed in 
pronunciation substitution to work. The odd thing is that when I execute the 
play button to speak it, the pronunciation isn't correct but when VoiceOver 
speaks that text message containing adamant, the pronunciation is now correct. 
Very odd.

I'm wondering if you would mind adding another word of your choice to the 
custom pronunciations but using the dictate button to speak the substitution 
rather than typing it. For the life of me, I can't get any new pronunciations 
added this way to stick. After entering a word this way and returning to 
settings via the back button, the newly entered word isn't there. If others can 
duplicate this issue, I really need to report it to Apple Accessibility.

Thanks again for your help.

Alan Lemly

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 2:03 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Followup on Issue with Customized Pronunciations in iOS 10.2


Alan,
I successfully added adamant to my pronunciation dictionary but I used the 
keyboard to enter the substitution which I spelled, Adohmant. I'm using Tom 
enhanced and I'm in the US, so I don't know if my spelling will work for you 
but try my spelling and see if it works for you.
This is an iPhone 5s running iOS 10.2.1.
Richard

A guy walks into a bar. He says, "Ouch

On Jan 6, 2017, at 10:09 PM, Alan Lemly 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I'm having no success in getting any words entered correctly in customized 
pronunciations at Settings, General, Accessibility, Voiceover, Speech, 
Pronunciations, not just the issue with the word adamant I previously reported.

Would others running iOS 10.2 please try adding a customized pronunciation and 
report back your results? I'm using an iPhone 7.

Thanks.

Alan Lemly
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to