Hopper 3 does have text to speech--press OPTIONS button 2x and the
accessibility settings will speak. To turn on TTS, RIGHT ARROW 4X and
select.
https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/settings/accessibility

I've not found how to change speech settings (e.g. voice, rate, etc.). Does
anyone know how?