From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 4:39 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Airpod question.

Hi Carol,

The Airpods are impressive, sound great and I'd love to have a pair. However,
at this point two things keep me from spending this much money for them: first,
there is no way to Play/Pause, Forward/Rewind or change the volume on the
Airpods except for bringing up SIRI and tell SIRI what you want to do. Of
course this would not be an option on a flight or if you are, for some reason
in Airplane mode or have no WiFi or data connection. Second, I have also an
Apple Watch and all reports I have heard say the Airpods don't switch well
between iPhone and Apple Watch. For such an advanced and expensive device and
one that has been designed by Apple this to me should be a given. If I listen
to something on my phone and I wake up my watch or a notification comes in on
the watch then the Airpods should switch instantly to the watch pausing
whatever I am listening to and, once the watch is done they should switch back
and resume playing my music or book or whatever. My Plantronics Voyager Edge
does this with a fraction of a second delay and I would expect that from a
device designed by Apple and for Apple devices. A third and myabe slightly less
important feature I would like to see is a small loop moldet into the plastic
on the part that sticks down and comes to a point (it could even be at the end
of that part) where you could attach a thin, but strong line or cable to join
both Airpods together which would make it much less easy to loose them and it
would be much easier to take them out of your ear and have them hanging around
your neck.
I totally expect that Apple will release a second generation of the Airpods
this fall along with their new iPhones and I will definitely wait as it is only
another 6 months until that happens to see what they improve.