Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 4:25 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Is IOS 10.3 available for iPhone 5?

Did you see the following from ILounge?
iLounge Mobile Edition
Apple pulls over-the-air iOS 10.3 update for iPhone 5, 5c; iOS 10.3.2 seems
to end support for them
Apple has pulled back the over-the-air update to iOS 10.3 for iPhone 5 and
5c devices without giving any reason, AppleInsider reports. The update was
available for a few hours before mysteriously disappearing, despite there
being no noted outcry of users who had tried and failed to install the
update on the devices. The update can still be installed through the
standard process using iTunes, and seems to function fine on an iPhone 5c.

In a related development, The Apple Post has discovered that the beta
version of iOS 10.3.2 appears to end support for devices with 32-bit
processors — like the iPhone 5 and 5c. The beta only contains restore images
for 64-bit devices, hinting at the possibility that 32-bit devices are about
to lose support. Apple announced back in 2014 that new apps or app updates
would have to support 64-bit processors, and recent speculation has swirled
around iOS 11 ending support for 32-bit devices. A warning dialog discovered
by developers working with the iOS 10.3 beta stated that apps that have not
been updated to include 64-bit support “will not work with future versions
of iOS.” Given the new findings in the iOS 10.3.2 beta, the change could
come sooner than expected. If so, the 4th generation iPad would also be
unsupported as it features a 32-bit processor.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Arrigo