From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Doubts with the new iPad pro 10.5.

The Plus models already have a 5.5 inch screen and have had it since the iPhone
6 Plus.
There are rumours that there will be a new high-end iPhone in the fall with a
5.8 inch screen which may not actually be physically be larger as it would have
narrower or no bezel around the screen, but it sounds as if it will also be an
even more expensive phone as the Plus models already are due to the fact that
it may have all the latest technologies like OLED screen, wireless charging
etc. I guess we'll see.

I guess your reasons are all valid, definitely I can see how sighted people
enjoy the larger screens. For me even the new iPad Pro with the Files app of
iOS 11 which they announced and which gives you easier access to files is still
no laptop replacemenb.
But it of course all depends on what you do, if mostly it's consuming media,
email, maybe Skype or Facetime and so on it might be OK. I use a lot of
business applications which require Windows and there is just no way any iOS or
Android tablet at this point could replace a Windows laptop for me.
I bought a very nice laptop with a touch screen last fall and end up never
using the touch screen because when it comes to Windows I am just so used to
doing everything with the keyboard.

had have a 5.5 inch screen